The Port of Grapeview was created on November 14th, 1923 to "care for commodities shipped into or out of the district by water". The Commission sold bonds to build a twelve by twenty foot building on a dock, twelve by one hundred and ten feet, near the old McLane Cove Bridge. A second site was selected at Oak Passage for the construction of a pier, forty by fifty feet, connected to the shore by a trestle, twelve by one hundred and ninety feet long. The pier also had a twenty by forty foot building with a float and gang plank. For many years the two piers and floats served the farmers and travelers of Grapeview.